Keystone Ridge Developments specializes in renovating, revitalizing and restoring older condominiums and fine homes. To each project, we bring construction expertise and our collaborative approach to working with clients, interior designers, decorators and architects.
Featured Projects – By Room
From concept to reality, Keystone Ridge Developments works with each client to bring to life a home of lasting beauty and quality workmanship. Our comprehensive services include:
Planning & Design
- Renovation and construction planning starts with a consultation to discuss desired outcome and the clients lifestyle characteristics
- Design of the renovation, addition or custom build is the next step; appropriate designers, architects, and/or engineers will create your desired concept
- Comprehensive budget estimates are generated on our custom built software providing you over 775 costing considerations
- Permits, minor variances, committee of adjustments and OMB are managed by our staff
Condominium & Apartment Remodeling
- Condominiums and apartments are unique in the renovation industry
- Keystone Ridge is experienced in the special nature of working in units in existing buildings and is one of very few companies that does this work in the Toronto area
- We work with the client, their designer(s), and the building’s property manager to achieve a successful end product
“Aging in Place” Renovations
- In the changing real estate market many people are opting to renovate their homes and condo units in order to enjoy many more years in the space they love
- Keystone Ridge Developments assists their clients in redesigning their space so that accessibility and comfort may be achieved
- We also aid in guiding our clients in taking care of all government rebates and grants for this specialized type of renovation
Home Remodeling Services
- Interior demolition and gutting
- Structural modifications to existing spaces
- Basement waterproofing / flood prevention, lowering, and finishing
- Kitchen & Bathroom redesign and renovation
- Porch enclosures
- Energy / sustainable efficiency upgrades
- Coordination of municipal and other government grants and rebates
We provide the following services:
- Rear and side additions of any size
- Bungalow and tw0-story home top-ups
- Detached structures such as garages, livable coach houses, and semi/full enclosed dining areas
- In-law, nanny, and renter’s suites
- Keystone Ridge Developments provides a complete custom home package
- We work with designers, architects, and engineers along with all the specialty trades so that your new home is built by a team that is excited to create a wonderful product
- Our project management principle manages all those involved, keeps costs in-line, and delivers on time
- Retail and small office lease hold alterations
- Exterior alterations and modification
- Existing commercial building alterations
Third Party Construction Management & Consulting
Keystone Ridge Developments can also offer select services from our other offerings when our clients are looking to use us as a third party consultant. These services include:
- Budget evaluation and feasibility studies;
- Permit application management; and
- Construction project management
Through a series of beautifully finished and on-budget projects, Keystone Ridge Developments has become a respected and trusted member of the Toronto construction community.
Each of the layers of detail in a renovation have to be done expertly to have a finished, quality project. From what you don’t see behind the walls: electrical, plumbing, HVAC and structural modifications, to the finishes you do see: creative lighting solutions, decorative millwork & cabinetry, quality appliances & bathroom fixtures, and wall colours that enhance the spaces and premium paints expertly applied ~ all come together in a Keystone Ridge Developments renovation.
This is my company and I oversee all the aspects of each project. I collaborate with clients, interior designers, decorators and architects. The licensed trades who perform specialized work share my dedication to quality and understand that on-time delivery is a key part of client satisfaction.
Take a look at the pictures of some Keystone Ridge projects and see how memorably beautiful homes and condos were brought to life, transformed from forgettable spaces.
My company, my word, your home.
Samuel Lapidus, PresidentAbout Samuel Lapidus
We recently purchased our house after Keystone Ridge Developments completed a renovation of the home. The before and after was amazing, thanks to the studious eye of Sam Lapidus. We are very happy with our new home. Sam also included a warranty on the home and is very accommodating on any questions or concerns we’ve had. It’s great to know that Keystone Ridge Developments stands by its work, cares about their customers, and provides ongoing support on whatever may be needed. All in all, a job well done. We would recommend Keystone to anyone looking for a complete home renovation.Sarah & Jason
My wife and I consider ourselves very lucky to have found a house to purchase that was in the process of being renovated by Sam Lapidus and Keystone Ridge Developments. Sam made the entire process easy and fluid for us. He is a very smart and creative builder. What attracted us initially to this home, was Sam's vision of not just a renovation, but a "restoration" of pieces of a 100 year old home. He is trustworthy and he was an excellent communicator throughout the entire process. We highly recommend Keystone Ridge Developments.David
I enjoyed working with Sam on my condo renovation. He is an extremely organized professional with a creative flair and an eye for detail. I highly recommend using Keystone Ridge Developments.Jodi
I have worked with Samuel from Keystone Ridge Developments Ltd. for multiple years, and I have always found his designs to be unique and tasteful. We have staged many of his properties and are always in awe of his beautiful work. He creates an atmosphere you can't wait to call home. Samuel has an eye for detail and wonderful custom designs that create an amazing result. Keystone Ridge Developments Ltd. is the ideal company to work with.Delaine Fox of Next Step Staging
We have been working with Keystone Ridge Developments for several years now and have enjoyed the working relationship immensely… We have seen over the years that Keystone Ridge pays great attention to details when renovating and adding additions to homes. This focus has translated into the creation of high quality renovations…Jay Fleming and Eric Andrews “The Real Estate Guys” Royal LePage, Your Community Realty, Brokerage
Keystone Ridge brings sustainable building practices to every project, offering clients construction options for long term energy and water savings. As a member of the Building Industry and Land Development Association – BILD – where developers and construction firms share best practices and emerging trends in housing and construction.
We understand that construction debris accounts for 40% of the waste in our landfills. We sort all materials before disposal and work to divert materials to recycling centres, Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore and even to local craftsmen, furniture makers and artists.
Considering a home renovation or custom build? We would be pleased to tell you more about why our Green Building Programs makes financial and environmental sense.
We believe that everyone should have a place to call home. From our renovation projects, we donate salvaged appliances, old kitchens and baths and excess and re-usable building materials to the Toronto Habitat for Humanity ReStore locations.
As an active member of BILD, Keystone Ridge is able to help Habitat for Humanity through the efforts of the association.
Association Membership, Certifications and Awards
Keystone Ridge Developments is a proud member of both the Canadian and Ontario Home Builders’ Associations. We are also very active and have taken a leadership position with the Building Industry and Land Development Association, which was formed through the merger of the Greater Toronto Home Builders’ Association and Urban Development Institute/Ontario. BILD is the voice of the land development, home building and professional renovation industry in the Greater Toronto Area.
We are proud to have earned the RenoMark designation, a national program representing the top renovators coast-to-coast. Samuel Lapidus has trained and been certified by Enerquality as a Green Renovator and as an ENERGY STAR for New Homes Builder.
In 2015, Keystone Ridge Developments was short listed for a number of BILD’s Renovation & Custom Home Awards in the following categories:
Best Condominium Renovation in the under $100,000 category
Best Condominium Renovation in the over $100,000 category
Best Renovation in the $150,000 to $300,000 category
Best Renovation in the $300,000 to $500,000 category